Both circular knitting machine and flat bed knitting machine are used for producing knitted fabrics. Circular knitting machine is classified into single or double jersey knitting machine, which have different cam arrangement settings, responsible for design production.
Developing the following factors, the production of knitting machines can be increased
>Machine Speed: The speed of the machine has great influence on production. The higher machine rpm is, the faster the movement of needle which increases the production is. High speed should not impose excess tension on yarn which may increase the breakage of yarn not desired.
>Number of Feeder: The number of feeder increases in the circumference of cylinder, the number of courses will be increased in one revolution at a time, responsible for increasing the production.
>Machine Gauge: Machine gauge also has great influence on the production of knitted fabrics. The higher gauge machine is, the higher production is.
>Automation System: Imposing automation in the machine can increase production.
1. Quick starting and stopping for effective driving system.
2. Automatic machine lubrication system for smooth operation.
3. Photo electric fabric fault detector.
Other improvements for increasing production:
1. Creel feeding system can increase the production.
2. Applying yarn supply through plastic tube that eliminates the possibilities of yarn damage.
3. By using yarn feed control device.